Monday, May 15, 2006

Okay I Conformed - I got a Blog!

Okay, so as the blog title states, I have finally conformed and gotten a blog. I feel as though I am surrounded by them on a day-to-day basis and finally here I go. This is the best way I know to keep up with friends and family. This is much better than the yearly Christmas letter that tends to be a little long; however, we will probably still do the letter :-).

So what's new with us?? Well, Lee and I are working on buying our first home. We signed the purchase agreement at the end of April, and we are now working with the seller who wants to extend the closing date because he can't get his stuff out of the house in time. Thank goodness for our realtor who seems to be great at what she does. Hopefully by the end of the summer, we will be homeowners.

We've also bought a new riding mower for the house, and we now have a place for our guests to sleep. I am slowly going through all of our stuff and selling some stuff on Ebay, giving some to Goodwill, and we may still have a garage sale. It is going to be a crazy summer.

Lee just finished a certificate program for Managing in the Life Sciences through IU Continuing Studies. It is an award winning program, and I think he really enjoyed it. I am still studying for my Master's degree. I have two more years to go.

This weekend was Mother's Day, and I was lucky enough to receive a few Stepmother's cards. I thought that was very sweet. I definitely don't consider myself a Mommy because Taylor already has a Mommy, but I sure can't wait until I get to be one. This was the first weekend we got asked when we will start to have kids. Not yet - I can tell you that. I want to get through school first, and we definitely have to get into a house. We also got to see my mom and Lee's mom, who came up from Louisville. Definitely a good family weekend!

We also celebrated my niece's birthday this weekend. Sabrina is now 12!!! I can't believe it. Brandi (my other niece) turned 10 in March. She was just a little over 1 when I graduated high school. If that doesn't make a person feel old, I don't know what will. Yikes!!! Well, Taylor will be 7 in August. She had just turned 2 when I met her. My the time sure flies!!

Lee and I cancelled our vacation to Vegas so we could have more money for the house. Although this was to be a family vacation with the Chappell's and the Kordes', it just made more sense for us to use the money towards the house. We definitely want to paint and do some cosmetic things, and we are replacing the roof. Fun Fun!!

Other than that, we are doing well. Taylor and the kitties are also good. Taylor always keeps us on our toes, and we can't wait until we see her again. The kitties enjoy watching the birds, squirrels, chipmunks, and other kitties out our back door.

I'll update this as best as I can as things happen. If nothing else, this will also be an online journal for Lee and me. It's like Doogie Howser, just 15 years later -- Again, I feel old!!

6 comments:

Sharla said...

We're all tech-savvy now! Oooooh!! Seriously, this is a great idea. Very cool. You're in my Favorites list!

Anonymous said...

Aww........my honey is on the net. Maybe we can show our progress on the house and other things to all of our friends and family.

Anonymous said...

What you x'ed out the trip to Vegas for a house? Lee what kind of man are you? Really! For the love of god, put that woman in her place! If she wants a house, tell her to get a second job or even or a 3rd!!!!! Heh heh heh!!! No, really congrats on the new place. Have fun!!!!!!

_-Jeff-_

JB said...

yeah!!! welcome to the world of blogging! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like this form of communication. It's a great way for us all to stay up to date on all the changes that occur. Congrats on the house! I'm really happy for both of you.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»