Wednesday, May 17, 2006

House Update

Well, all of the paperwork (purchase agreement, inspection responses, addendums, etc.) is finally signed. Barring any unforeseen problems with the bank, title company, or seller, we should be closing on our house on June 30!!!!!

We are planning to stay in our apartment through July so that we can tear down wallpaper, repaint, fix the roof, etc. So by the end of summer, we should be moved in and halfway settled.

I must say we certainly do feel like grown-ups now. I've been telling my family and friends that this seems more "final" than marriage. It definitely seems more stressful. I think it is just the financial commitment. But in the long run, owning a home will be worth it. We'll keep you updated if changes occur.

Thank you all for your support!!!

3 comments:

Raclee said...

And what am I, darling??? Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the house! Becoming a homeowner is very exciting! I'm very happy for you =)

Anonymous said...

Magic is a goober. But we love him anyway.