Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Happy Birthday America!


Well, it has been quite some time since I last posted. Lee, Taylor, Richard (Lee's dad), and I just got back from our trip to visit Lee's aunts in Oklahoma. All of us have never traveled together before, and I think we all had a great time!

Not only did we visit Lee's aunts, but we also saw the George Washington Carver National Monument, Precious Moments Inspiration Park & Chapel, and the Cherokee National Museum & Heritage Center. We were gone a total of 5 days (Wednesday - Sunday) and drove over 1500 miles.

We celebrated the 4th of July in Oklahoma ,and besides dressing alike (see above picture), we had quite a fireworks show put on for us. It was nice to celebrate America's birthday with family and new friends.

But, honestly, what event with us involved could go without some sort of drama. On Saturday, Lee was inspecting an old radio of his grandfather's in a storage trailer. He jumped out of the 6 foot tall trailer and landed on his ankle wrong, which also meant that I had to drive the trip back myself. After hobbling on it for several days, he went to the doctor this morning. The x-ray was inconclusive, but they think he "may" have broken his leg. We should know more tomorrow, but regardless, he is on crutches for the next 5 days. Like I said, drama!

But nonetheless, we made some great memories with this trip. I'm glad we got the chance to go together. Taylor and her second cousin Amber have been emailing since we got back, so I think a new friendship was even made :-).

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe 4th of July!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What family event would not be complete without me making a complete fool of myself? I'm glad you had a good time :)