Thursday, February 28, 2008

One Less Than Thirty

Just moments ago (at 7:45 p.m.) I officially turned 29 years old. Wow, I can't believe I am one year away from 30. I am reminded of when my niece was born in 1994. I was just 15 years old, and as I was holding her I said, "Man, when she is my age, I'll be 30." That time is just around the corner.

But, I must say, I have had an eventful and wonderful birthday. With all of the cards, phone calls, emails, MySpace and Facebook posts, I have really noticed how many people care about me. It has been wonderful! I even received a surprise phone call this morning from an old friend who I have not talked to in months. Thanks for the call, Brandon. It was great to hear from you.

Lee and I went out to eat at Scholar's Inn tonight. We spent our wedding night at the Scholar's Inn bed and breakfast. On our one year anniversary, we relived our experience. We hadn't been there since, and neither of us have ever eaten dinner there because it is quite expensive. We, of course, ordered the Spinach and Artichoke Dip, which seems to be our favorite wherever we go. This one was definitely the cheesiest we've ever had. Lee ordered the very pricey filet mignon, and I had the portobello mushroom ravioli. Both were delicious! It was quite yummy, and obviously something we never get to do.

Today, I also had some drama. It wouldn't be like me to go without drama on any given day, and this day was no different. I cashed a check today, and as I was putting my driver's license back in my wallet, I noticed something. My driver's license expired today!!! AAAHHH!!!! So, there I went, making an emergency trip to the BMV. I was actually in and out within 15 minutes. The BMV has really improved since this past summer when they had all of their issues. However, I still have to go back within the next 30 days. I never updated my license address when we bought the house, and I didn't have address verification on me today. So, they let me renew it anyway, and I can go back within 30 days and update the address for free.

Tomorrow night, my sister and I are going to see Evita at the IU Auditorium. I always try to see at least one show a season, and this year the show fell near my birthday. She is spending the night at our place, which she has never done. In fact, I don't think she's been at our house since August or so. It should be a fun girls night!

Thanks again to all who sent me birthday wishes. I appreciate all of you, and you helped make my day special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww, it sounds like you had a really good day (minus the drivers license drama =). I've been to Scholar's Inn once, a very long time ago...it was really yummy. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday, you deserve it =)