Sunday, February 17, 2008

6 Years Ago...............

............Lee and I moved in together - on Valentine's weekend. Looking back, we both agree we were young and stupid. We had only known each other 3 months, and I was moving to a place I had never lived - in fact, I had only visited it a handful of times. We had nothing when we started out together. I moved up to Bloomington without a job. Lee was making $9 an hour and supporting the both of us. We didn't have a bed. We ate Hamburger Helper every night because it was cheap. But, things worked out and we've made a nice life for ourselves. I would forbid my children to do the same because I wouldn't want them to have to struggle, but Lee and I grew stronger through all of the hardships.

This Valentine's Day we tried something new. We went out to eat at a Japanese restaurant - Domo Steak & Sushi. Lee had never tried Japanese before, and I had only had it one other time over a year ago. It was yummy! I had sushi and Lee had steak teriyaki. It was a nice night for the two of us.

This weekend Taylor came to visit for the first time since New Year's. It had been quite a while, and we all missed each other a lot! We spent a lot of time with family, and the weekend went by much quicker than we thought it would. If everything works out, she should be back in Indiana in a few months. We can't wait!

Lee's business is also doing very well. He landed a big transfer job with the Kelley School of Business MBA Program. Check out his blog (http://magic.rox.com) for more information. I'm so proud of him and his progress and dedication!!!!

Well, that is the latest update. Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

JB said...

Congrats! Sounds like you had an awesome Valentines Day. :)