Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I Need a Vacation from My Vacation

I have been off of work since Saturday, December 22, and I go back to work tomorrow, January 2. It has been a great 1 1/2 weeks off, but I sure do need a vacation from my vacation. It has been non-stop. Here's a rundown:

12/22 - Picked up Taylor in Evansville. She got to spend most of her vacation with us here in Bloomington. That night we visited my best friend, Sharla, and her husband in Jasper.

12/23 - Drove to Bedford to spend time with Lee's dad, stepmom, grandma, uncle, and aunt. His uncle and aunt live in Michigan, and we usually only see them once a year on Thanksgiving, so it was nice to see them for Christmas as well.

12/24 - Christmas Eve - As is tradition, we always celebrate Christmas Eve at my mom's house. This is only the second time that Taylor as gotten to be there.

12/25 - Christmas - Santa came to our house this year for the first time ever. Taylor has never spent Christmas Day with us, so Santa had to re-route himself. She got a 5' tall dollhouse along with some other gifts. We didn't forget to set out Oreos and milk, and Santa ate all but 1/2 of a cookie.

We spent Christmas with Lee's mom's family, which is again tradition. This was the first time Taylor has been there since she was at least 1 year old. She got to play Santa and hand out the presents. We also continued a personal tradition that we have been doing for years. We go to the local Chinese buffet for Christmas dinner. Surprisingly enough, it is pretty busy.

12/26 - Lee's dad and stepmom came over to our house to give Taylor her Christmas gifts. Then we went out to eat with Lee's mom and grandma.

12/27 - We went to Build-A-Bear so Taylor could spend her gift card she got for Christmas. Then we took her bowling.

12/28 - We drove up to Indianapolis to go to the Indiana State Museum and IMAX theater. I have wanted to go for years, and it was a great place.

12/29 - We rested for the most part of Saturday. We needed the break. Saturday night we went out to dinner with my sister and her family.

12/30 - Sunday we dropped off Taylor with her aunt who lives here in town. That was our last day with her after 8 days. It was great to get to spend that much time with her, and I think she had a lot of fun too!

12/31 - We brought in the New Year at home. After dinner at Red Lobster, we came home to watch Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve.

1/1 - Here is 2008! Wow, time (and my vacation) has flown by! I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, happy, and healthy new year. I'm sure we will all experience lots of changes this year, and I hope they are positive ones at that.

WELCOME TO 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that doll house rocks! How fun! I can't wait to have a little girl to do girlie stuff with =) I bet she loves it!