Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Survey!

I always get random surveys from friends to fill out all of the time. I thought I would share the results of two of them put together.

1. Christmas tree up yet?
No, we don't put one up because of the kitties

2. Any Christmas decorations up yet?
No, I haven't done x-mas decorations in the new house yet. I still feel like we aren't unpacked.

3. What are you asking for for Christmas?
Restaurant gift cards and Menards gift card. It amazes me how your priorities change as you get older.

4.What do you usually do on Christmas Eve?
We head to my mom's house on x-mas eve. It has been the tradition since I was little.

5. What do you usually do on Christmas Day?
Now, we head to Lee's grandma's house. We've started a new tradition for Christmas supper - Chinese buffet. They are always open on x-mas, and I'll be darned if I'm cooking. We aren't the only ones there either!

6. Do you own any christmas clothes or jewelery?
Christmas socks, and I wear them throughout the winter

7. Do you use white or colored christmas lights?
I used to do colored on the tree before my kitties came along

8. Do you bake Christmas cookies?
Nope, I let my mom do that.

9. Do you buy Christmas presents for your whole family?
For Lee's family - yes. For my family, we have a x-mas exchange among the adults, and then everyone buys for the kids and pets.

10. How many friends do you buy presents for?
2 - Sharla and Sara

11. Is there a Santa Clause?
It would be nice, but then why doesn't he buy me presents :-).

12. Favorite Christmas Carol?
O Holy Night and Carol of the Bells

13. Would you rather it be a white Christmas, or a warm Christmas?
White - Christmas isn't supposed to be warm outside

14. Was last year a good christmas?
I had a migraine on x-mas eve, so that wasn't so good. Christmas day was nice though.

15. Which Christmas color do you like better? RED or GREEN?
I prefer green throughout the year, but on x-mas I like red.

16. Do you get a real Christmas tree, or is it artificial?
I have an artifical one in my attic.

17. When you get older, will you get a real or artificial tree?
I'll keep my artificial one.

18. Do you hang stockings?
Used to, but not since we got in the house.

19. When opening presents, does your family all open them at the same time or do you take turns?
At my mom's we open one at a time. At Lee's grandma's, we open all at the same time.

20. What is usually in your stocking?
Lee's mom gives us a stocking each year filled with smaller presents, candy, and fruit. My mom usually gives us small presents.

21. Do you get up early on Christmas day?
I try not too. I enjoy the day off from work.

22. Does your family eat breakfast before or after opening presents?
We usually don't eat breakfast. We have lunch at Lee's grandma's house.

23. Do you have a favorite ornament you hang on the tree?
I love my ornaments! I wish I still put up my tree. One day again I will.

24. What Christmas movie do you like to watch the most?
I have three I like to watch - Home Alone, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story.

25. What do you like better, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
They are both special in their own way for different reasons.
______________________________________________

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Bags are easier and more often than not what I choose, but occasionally I do wrap.

2. Real or Artificial tree?
Artificial. (See above)

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually don't anymore (See above)

4. When do you take the tree down?
Since I normally don't put one up, I get to save this step.

5. Do you like Eggnog?
I have never tried it.

6. Favorite Gift you received as a child?
My big teddy bear that I still have and isn't so big anymore

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I love the nativity scene I have, but I haven't decorated in a couple of years.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Taylor - I want to make her happy, and she never knows what she wants.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My husband because we get each other something for the house.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?
Those darn popcorn tins.

11. Christmas Cards...Snail mail or E-mail?
Snail mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I have 3 (See above)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I used to be super-proactive, but the last two years have been difficult. I have been shopping up to the end.

14. Have you ever 'recycled' a Christmas present?
Several times and other gifts as well became x-mas gifts

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Mom's cheesecake

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I've done colored in the past.

17. Favorite Christmas Song?
I have 2 (See above)

18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home?
Usually traveling

19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, and Rudolph

20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree?
When I put one up, I have an angel.

21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
(See above) My mom's house on Christmas Eve and Lee's grandma's on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The Christmas songs that start in October!!!!!

23. Shopping...Mall or on-line?
Depends how easily I can find it online. I usually do half-and-half.

24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?)
Neither really - not this year

25. Favorite Christmas cookie?
I'm not really a cookie kind of girl.

26. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry?
(See above) Socks

27. Do you believe in Santa?
(See above) I hope that there is, but he doesn't visit me :-)

No comments: