Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Taylor

Well it has been almost one year since I started this blog. I can't believe how time flies and how much life has changed in one year!

We've been very busy this past month. Lee's new job is going well. He is really enjoying it and couldn't be happier. We are getting more things done on the house. This summer we are hoping to get even more done. My job is going well. Same old, same old. I have officially finished the spring semester, and I only have 3 more classes to go to finish my degree!!!!!! The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer and closer.

For the last few weeks and until the end of May, we have had Taylor full-time. Her mom and stepdad have officially moved to Clarksville, TN. Her stepdad joined the military in October, and Fort Campbell is his first duty station. Taylor is staying in Bloomington with us until the end of her school year.

It has been quite a change for us. I have adjusted my work schedule so I can take her to school in the morning. She stays with a friend after school until Lee can pick her up. We have been traveling every weekend (either to Ft. Campbell which is a four hour drive one way or we meet in the middle) to make sure she sees her mom. Our nights now consist of fixing dinner, showers, homework, play time, and bed time.

The interesting thing is that I have really fallen in love with Taylor all over again. It is much different to have her full-time than to have her every other weekend. We have been able to bond much better, and I think it will be hard on all of us when she officially moves. We are still going to try to see her every other or every third weekend, but it won't be the same as it is now. However, I am really glad we've had this time together before she moves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I am glad that Taylor has gotten to spend this time with you and Lee over the past few weeks. Thank you both for letting her stay and finish her school year out, I did not want to yank her out before she finished. I think this gave you guys and Taylor a chance to connect more as a family then just spending weekends together.