Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last Week of May

We had a great Memorial Day weekend. Friday night we took Taylor to see Shrek the Third. The Shrek babies and the Dronkies were quite adorable. My friend Sharla came up from Jasper to help me de-wallpaper our living and dining room. It took us between 10 and 12 hours, but we finally finished. Only the foyer and kitchen to go!!!

Sunday we got a little rain with a little sunshine which allowed me to take the picture above. I haven't seen a rainbow in quite some time, and this is from right outside our front door. I love our view!!

Tuesday night was Taylor's last night with us on a full-time basis. Lee and I made her a gift. We put together a 10 minute slideshow (http://vimeo.com/204052) of many of the pictures we had of Taylor growing up. We included three songs "Wait for Me" by Bob Seger, "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack, and "Home" by Chris Daughtry. We also put together video well wishes from my family, Lee's family, and the two of us for Taylor to take with her. The whole DVD was about 20 minutes long or so, but she loved it. She called us last night on her way to Tennessee to tell us that she had already watched it three times!!!!!! The next time we'll see her will be Father's Day weekend, so we don't have to wait too long.

As we lost Taylor, we gained Gloria. Lee's sister is in between leases right now, so she has temporarily moved in for the next few weeks. Her stuff is taking up half of the garage, and she has moved in to Taylor's room while Taylor is away. She is also bringing her kitty today, which should be interesting for my three cats. I can't wait to hear the hissing and growling when I get home :-).

Anyway, I start my summer class soon, work is going well, and life will be getting back to normal. I can't believe May is already over. Whew!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.