Thursday, June 21, 2012

Busy Spring 2012 and Graduations Abound!


It has been 5 months since I last wrote in my blog, and I can’t believe I have neglected it so.  April was a significant month in our lives as we stayed pretty busy, so I will start there.  Right after Easter, my parents and I took a trip up to northern Indiana.  My father’s grandparents and sister are buried northwest of Lafayette.  His sister died when she was an infant before my father was born.  Although it was sad to visit the resting places of family members, it was nice to spend a day with my parents alone.  We had a lot of fun, and I even took them to Cataract Falls north of Spencer.


We also got a new kitty in April.  He is solid gray, and we named him Charlie (after Charcoal).  Charlie was a stray cat in our babysitter’s neighborhood, and he was so friendly.  We decided to adopt him, and we couldn’t love him more!  He reminds us a lot of our Oreo, who passed away a year ago.  They have similar personalities, and we believe Oreo sent him to us.  Of course, Amelia and Taylor just adore him!

My sister and I also took Amelia to see Sesame Street Live in April.  It was her first “concert”, and she did really well.  Cookie Monster, her favorite, hugged her before the show.  And she got to see a lot of her Sesame Street “friends”.  Even if she doesn’t remember it in the years to come, I certainly will!

At the end of April, my sister and I took Taylor to see The Miracle Worker at the Indiana Repertory Theater.  Taylor enjoyed see The Diary of Anne Frank a year ago, and so we thought she might enjoy this story as well.  She did!  The production was amazing, and I’m so glad we got to take her!

May was also a busy month for us for various reasons.  Towards the end of the month, though, we celebrated the graduations of two very important people.  First, Taylor graduated from 6th grade!  She is now moving from a child to a young adult and beginning middle school next year.  I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming.

My niece, Sabrina, graduated from high school as one of her classes’ valedictorians.  What an amazing accomplishment!  Sabrina is a bright, beautiful young woman, and I am so happy to see her begin this new journey in her life.  She will begin studying at the University of Evansville this fall while majoring in psychology.  She will go far in life, and I am so happy for everything that awaits her.

No comments: